Late Summer/Fall Concert Calendar...
Here's another feature that I'll pretend will be something I do regularly, when in fact...I won't. When I get excited about a number of shows on the horizon, I'll try to share them.
In honesty, this is just an excuse for me to write them down as a reminder, sometimes it's just too much to keep track of...and Im certain I'll still forget a few.
Don't expect any surprises, these are the artists I talk about regularly...dig it:
- August 18th - Ray LaMontagne & David Gray @ Jones Beach - Can't make this one, disappointing, although I don't know I like Ray as an amphitheater act.
- September 2nd - Thad Cockrell @ Bowery Ballroom
- September 19th - Jenny & Johnny @ The Williamsburg Waterfront - Jenny Lewis' new project with Johnathan Rice (also in Hoboken 9.21)
- October 3rd - Matt Sucich (ME) @ Rockwood Music Hall - 8pm (did you think i was going to leave myself out of this?)
- October 19th - JUSTIN TOWNES EARLE @ Webster Hall - 7pm can't believe how late to the game I am on him.
- October 20th - Carl Broemel @ Joes Pub - 9:30pm - see previous post...FYI- this is the "in between" day for the MMJ 5 shows @ Terminal 5.
- October 21st - My Morning Jacket @ Terminal 5 - Performing "It Still Moves" in it's entirety, supporting act: Elvis Perkins in Dearland
- November 5th - Dawes @ Webster Hall - to say any more about this band is borderline creepy, except that they got to play BIG F$%&ing PINK! That I was not at that show will go down as one of the greatest concert crimes in history.
- November 12th - GET YOUR ASSES TO AUSTIN, TX - Levon Helm w/ Ray LaMontagne - Why isn't this happening in NY?!?!
this is cool: [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZMMhe2UnI&feature=player_embedded#!]